Monday, July 2, 2012

I Want More

This post is going to be completely different. I don't tell a story. I don't come up with an analogy to explain what God is teaching me. In fact, I don't even explain what God is teaching me. I just share it. In this post, you're getting an inside look into my journal (with a few minor spelling and grammar corrections). It's a letter I wrote to God, but it's what He was speaking to my heart. (Funny how He reveals His Love for you while you're expressing your Love for Him.) Normally, I wouldn't share this directly, but I believe God wants me to. I believe it's something that others need to hear and know that He feels the same way about them. Because of that, I'm sharing. I hope it helps you and gives you an idea of how much you are Loved by the King.

Dear God,
I love it when You call me precious. I do not know what it is. Maybe it is the tenderness in Your voice. Maybe it is the intentionality of the choice in words. Maybe it is knowing that Yours is a voice of Truth.


No matter. When You call me precious, I feel so much Love. It flows over every part of me, covering my whole being. It seeps into my heart. It warms the innermost part of me. I know I am experiencing a taste of the truest Love in the world.


I cannot help but want more. The slightest taste of Your Love makes my heart yearn for more. It creates a hunger. It stirs a longing only You can fill.


To think, You always feel that way about me. You always desire my Love. Your heart never stops yearning for me.


Nothing makes You forget the last time I showed You Love. Nothing takes away that feeling. You know it is my Love you desire. You never try to fill it with someone else. You know it would be a useless endeavor.


And so You pursue me. You pursue my Love. You seek until You find. You ask until You receive. You knock until You are welcomed in.


You want me to do the same. You want me to desperately seek more of You. You want me to give my heart completely to You. You want me to RUN to let You in. RUN. With no hesitation. RUN. In real pursuit of You. You want me to RUN.


God, I want to. I want to chase after You. I want to give everything in pursuit of You. I want to Love You with reckless abandonement. Every day.


I Love you.


Yours forever,
Nicole E. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment