Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Gift He Gave


I know it's a couple days after Easter, but I've been thinking about this poem for a week or so now. I wrote it back in middle school. If it's not the first poem I wrote, it's definitely the first I saved, and I wanted to share it. It's a good reminder of why we celebrated on Sunday.

The picture I chose to go with it was taken at one of my favorite places, a place where God did a lot of great things in my life. I chose this picture because it's a reminder to me that the most important things in life happen at the foot of the cross (even if the photo itself is horrible).


Riding into town,
A king without a crown.
People cheered.
His power, leaders feared.

One last dinner,
Then He'd save the sinner.
In the garden He prayed.
By a friend He was betrayed.

He carried His cross,
And He bore our loss.
Our shame and pain
The reason He was slain.

He rose again
And saved us from our sin.
An empty grave
Was the gift He gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment