Monday, January 24, 2011

The Time Has Come

Your best friend just called you and told you she has a million dollars somewhere. She is hiding somewhere in your town, and as soon as you find her, you can have the money. What do you do? I'm going to assume that you're like me and begin running around town. In your mind, you run through the list of every place your friend could be, going first to the most likely location.

To most of us, this seems like a no brainer. If all it takes to win such a prize is finding your best friend, why not?

But guess what!

There's a far better prize out there! All it takes to receive the prize is searching. In everyday life, God is the best friend calling out to you. When we seek Him, He promises amazing things. He promises that all the things we would otherwise be seeking such as a car, a relationship, money, or whatever else you can think of will be given to us. Then He promises that we'll find Him! (I'd say that's way better than a million dollars!) Plus, we get to do something for Him in the process. We allow Him to spend time with us. Then, when we're done, and we go out into our world, we are so full of Him that we bring other people into His kingdom! Is that cool or what? Then why don't we all search for Him?

I know that in my life, time is a big issue. I have so much going on all the time. I'm either in class, doing homework, doing something with Chi Alpha (when I'm at school, otherwise church fills that time), or running around with friends, with an occasional chore thrown in the mix. Another problem I tend to face is exhaustion. With my busy schedule, by the time I get back to my room and don't have homework, all I want to do is watch a movie or chat on Facebook. Or, even better, sleep!

However, as my first year of college has passed by, I have realized something. That stuff is not important. First of all, spending time with God is way better. Second, just like He promised, I have time for my busy schedule and relaxation when I find Him. Third, and most importantly, God should always come first. Even if what you're doing is something He wants you to do, if it takes His place as first priority in your life, if everything else revolves around that work and not Him, it's just not going to work. Even if you think it's His work, if He's not part of your life, He's not part of the work either. It would be so much more effective if you just included Him in the planning and execution.

So, although I'm going to be in class in 20 minutes, guess what. I'm going to be making sure I include God. (After all, He did tell me which majors to pursue.) I'm going to seek Him.

Why don't you join me? Why don't you seek God and let Him put everything else in order? And while you're at it, lead other people to Him by following Him yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered the possibility of looking for some sort of proof in the way you live your life instead of following blindly the delusions of 2,000 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow blindly. I follow a God who has been there for me when even my closest friends wouldn't help me. I follow a God who healed me and my little sister of a sickness we were supposed to live with forever. I follow the only one who has given me everything He ever promised. Anybody who tries to tell me there is no God has come way too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just find it said that anyone with such good fortune who is obviously smart would attribute their gifts to something on the level of magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PREACH IT GURL!!!!!!! :))) I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

    & @ anonymous: There's nothing sad about it.. lol. Ever felt like there's something missin'?? Well it's Him.. :) But u would never know that unless you Give Him a try.. ;) If you read the bios of most of the people who helped pave the way for modern science, you would know that they attributed all their gifts & success to Jesus... The reason we are where we are today in technology is because of them, & the reason they were where they were was because of God... Before man even knew the world was a sphere God already pointed it out in His word..."Isa.40:22; Job 26:7"... So u see, I rather attribute my gifts to Him than to myself or anybody else.. Because like Nicole said--He's the only one who has given me everything he's ever promised :)

    ReplyDelete